- In what year did Chotoku Kyan pass away? (1945)
- Which of Master Shimabuku’s three Master instructors lived beyond World War II? (Chojun Miyagi)
- Name four 1st generation Isshinryu students. (See blue belt)
- Name two katas that originate in the goju-ryu style (Sanchin and Sieuchin)
- Which Master instuctor taught Shimabuku Tokumeni No Kun? (Kyan)
- Name the three weapons taught in Isshinryu. (Bo, Sai, Tuifa)
- How did these weapons originate? (farm tools)
- Who was Habiku Moden? (the weapon master who taught Taira Shinken)
- What is unique about sunsu kata? (only taught in Isshinryu..created by Master Shimabuku)
- What relation was Tatsuo Shimabuku to Angi Uezu? (Angi Uezu is married Master Shimabuku’s daughter)
- Name three styles of Martial arts not closely related to Isshinryu. (Kung Fu, Tae Kwon do, Jeet kune do, Aikido, etc…)
- Which of the 15 upper body basics do you consider most practical for your fighting style.
- With the exception of Tatsuo Shimabuku, of all the karate masters we have learned about, which would ou like to spend one week working out with? Explain your answer.
- Starting with yourself, trace your Isshinryu history back to Master Shimabuku.
Write out the karate creed
Know the eight codes of Isshinryu and briefly explain each.