- What does Shinkichi mean? (good fortune)
- Which of Master Shimabuku’s master instuctors was most known as an excellent fighter? (Choki Motobu)
- What are the traditional names for Shorin ryu and Goju ryu? (Shuri-te and Naha-te)
- What is wansu kata known for? (the dump)
- What style of shorin-ryu did Choki Motobu teach? (kobayashi-ryu)
- On your mizu gami, what does the gray background represent? (the serenity of life)
- Who was Master Shimabuku’s fourth master Instructor (weapons) (Taira Shinken)
- Name two first generation Isshinryu students. (see blue belt)
- What is the name of the first bo kata? (Tokumeni no kun)
- Of the arrows of karate, which do you consider the most important in your personal training?
- Renshi (one to be mirrored)
- Seiken (punch)
- Nukite (knife hand)
- Rei (bow)
- Ni-dan (second degree)
Write out the karate creed and know the eight codes.